Sunday, October 28, 2007

Mike on Deck

Hey Gang,
First off, I should thank Ted for letting me on-board with his little project here. I think it could be a good movement for both personal reasons (providing a place to focus on that "extra knowledge" I enjoy gaining) and a public reason; giving readers like you some material to enjoy with your morning coffee.
As Ted mentioned, the purpose of this blog is not to further depress myself like a 14 year old boy that wears tight girl's jeans, but rather a place to discuss more technical things; things like loads in race car chassis members, testing methods for drive train components, and other random enginerd speak. I may also throw in the random post about a recent movie viewing or maybe something stupid I saw while walking to class.

A little bit about myself:
I'm currently deep in my junior year at the University of Vermont studying Mechanical Engineering. I enjoy all things that go fast for no real reason and maybe some machines that actually serve a purpose. I have a strong belief that it is important to expand one's knowledge of engineering outside of the classroom and into either hands on applications or personal interests.

I have a few topics for discussion already worked out, so keep your eyes pealed for a revealing in the near future. While I would like to make this a regular event for posting an article, I don't think it would be as enjoyable if I knew I had to post every week, etc. However, I can see myself working on a topic through each school week and posting on a Friday; sort of as a way to vent and get away for the weekend.

Take care, go "lever it right" this week and come back soon.

Cheers,

Mike


----------------
Now playing: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band -Live in Chicago (10-22-07) - Spirit in the Night
via FoxyTunes

No comments: